Saturday, June 1, 2013

Earl Grey Chiffon Cake


I just realised I never spoke about what my birthday present was in the previous post. Haha! Oh my, terrible! 

And so... here it is. My birthday present in action above! I LOVE it. I mean, I can relax and let it do it's thing and just slowly add sugar in.... oh, lovely. Only problem's that it is way too heavy to carry in and out of the box and honestly, there must be a better way to keep the mixer without pests getting near it and without it getting oily and taking up space in the kitchen? Think girl, THINK! 

Anyways, used the mixer for the SECOND time today. Yay! Used the green tea chiffon recipe from Okashi but replaced the green tea with earl grey tea. 

The chiffon turned out crazy high, looking like chinese 发糕 (huat kueh). I'm guessing because there's way too much egg whites in it because I was lazy to remove the extra..... I thought more egg whites = lighter chiffon = good. Which was true, except that I didn't have a nice bottle to slip into the centre of the cake to cool, so the cake got all squooshed up. :( 

But the cake was a funny sight and I just had to take a picture of it. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...