Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffins



Made some lemon blueberry muffins today as mom lovingly bought some lemons to "tide" me over the long weekend.  She only bought 4, else I might have made some lemon meringue tarts again, as the previous one wasn't that successful. :P

I also had some frozen blueberries to use up, so, this was a perfect recipe! Of course, with my food allergies, I tweaked the recipe a little, using oatmilk powder+water to replace the milk and Crisco in place of butter. As usual, I also reduced the amount of sugar for the muffins itself since recipes are usually a tad too sweet for the oldies (myself included) at home. 

I should have halved the crumb topping as there was way too much topping for the 8 muffins I made.

The batter also didn't rise upwards, but spread sideways instead.. causing a little problem when getting them out of my muffin tin.  Sigh. Photo below as evidence - they cracked when I had to flip them out of the muffin tin.


Nonetheless, I have to say that Lemons and Blueberries are a match made in heaven. It was really good. The freshness of the lemon with the blueberries... Delicious!~ 

The texture of the muffin (when hot) was also relatively light. So that worked for me too. But seriously, way too much topping (I used it all and dad said I can put less. Haha).

I want to make this again! When blueberries get cheaper. They're dead expensive (in my opinion) in my country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...