Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Peanut butter chocolate bark


I decided to make some peanut butter chocolate bark this holidays. 

There were so many recipes, but this one from Brown Eyed Baker jumped out at me as it looked simple, but pretty!

The only problem is that it used a little milk chocolate to mix with the peanut butter. So, I replaced that with the normal dark chocolate I use for baking. As expected, the peanut butter-milk chocolate mixture was do dark, you could barely differentiate it from the dark chocolate layer. 

So, I melted another ~55g of peanut butter (oh my, fat!), dropped blobs of it over the chocolate, and swirled. 



Still delicious!

The only thing was that I think I need to learn to temper the chocolate. The end result, albeit delicious, was a melty chocolate. Not suitable as gifts! 

I'm going to give it another go this week. Learning to temper chocolate first, then perhaps just directly swirling some peanut butter in, instead of mixing it with the chocolate. Or maybe half the pb mixed with the chocolate, with the other half blobbed around for decorative purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...