Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Science of the Best Chocolate Cookies and Skinny Double Chocolate Muffins


So I've been wanting to make cookies again, but I was always too lazy to whip out the mixer and chop chocolate blocks into chocolate chunks.

But because my chocolate was about to expire, it is TIME!!

So, thankfully I found this recipe at Serious Eats. It turned out great (I LOVE soft cookies). I didn't change the recipe at all, except to replace  170g of the butter with margarine, and the rest with shortening).

The only problem was that Cyn said that there was an after-taste on the tongue. And I can't figure out why. :(
XY said it was nice tho. (I think she'll love anything with good chocolate in it. haha)

I've also been wanting to make these Skinny Double Chocolate Muffins. And since the yogurt I specially bought to make these were also going to expire in another week (laughs, I'm such a procrastinator), I decided to make it!

It was surprisingly good. Cyn actually said she preferred these to brownies, despite it having less chocolate and fat! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...