Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pineapple Tarts - Try 1



Woke up today and thought to myself... It's going to be Chinese New Year! And I'm NOT going to have any pineapple tarts to eat! :(

So since mom and dad were going to the bank at HV, mom got some ingredients for me. The pineapple was pre-made. I was kind of sad cos mom makes nice pineapple for pineapple tarts. But she was too lazy to make them for me, as they'd take a long time to cook. In any case, sis2 also felt that I might as well "perfect" the tart before embarking on spending hours on the pineapple.

Turns out that the pineapple was tough after baking. The tarts were OK, but tasteless. That's what happens when it's butter-free. Not good at all! :( Let's think what we can do to it...

Anyway, I baked the dough over two days. The dough stores well in the refrigerator, wrapped in cling wrap. Could be because the dough actually requires chilling before rolling out and cutting into tart shapes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...