Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bread, Pandan Chiffon

I am SOOOOOO tired! Woke up at 6+ am this morning because I wanted to bake some bread. Just a spur of the moment thing. Hahah..

After about 5-6 hours of being awake (man I'm sleepy), I got these!




They look great, if I may say so myself. :P Er jie thinks they look pretty. Dad thinks it tastes good (better than the non-buttered breads outside).



This is the closest I got to soft bread. It could be softer. WHAT is the missing link?!?!? :(

Anyway, baked Pandan Chiffon again on Mom and er jie's request. Doubled the recipe this time cos the previous time, the batter only filled up a quarter of the tin. This time, it filled up halfway. But it is still heavy! I even added baking soda and baking powder though the recipe didn't call for it. Also beat the eggs stiffer this time. I wonder if it's because I used plain flour. But mom says she used plain flour in the good ol' days too.. Sigh. It escapes me....

But it IS a wee-bit lighter this time. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...