Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cinnamon Bread



I changed the filling of my cinnamon bread/bun a little, after seeing a recipe at Smashed Peas and Carrots.

Essentially, added a little water to the cinnamon-sugar mix. And glazed the bread with beaten egg before sprinkling the cinnamon-sugar mix on top of the dough.

I don't know if it was the egg or what it was, but the dough was strange at the areas where the filling was. As seen in the photo, it's a bit doughy there....

The filling was also flowy, presumably because of the water+egg?

Well, in summary, this wad a disaster and I dirtied my oven cos the oolong overflowed from the loaf pan. And the use of a loaf pan for this very wet recipe meant that the top got cooked quickly but the insides weren't cooked well.

Possible choices: 1) cover loaf pan with it's cover. 2) bake in the form of small buns (what I always do but was lazy cos it takes me an hour to finish making the buns)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...