Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Pancakes for breakfast this morning! I went for something simple this weekend because I've been tired out from baking macarons everyday (and failing miserably at that). I absolutely need a break from super sweet treats because I've been wolfing down the failed macaron shells at an unhealthy pace. :D

I originally wanted to make some Earl Grey Chiffon today, but since I've been using up the eggs at an (again) unhealthy pace, I figured I should just bake something real simple. So, pancakes it was.




I used an old hotcakes recipe that I had edited over and over again. And given that I actually had self-raising flour in the pantry, it was a breeze to make (I don't have to weigh out any baking powder/soda so that's just one step less). I did, however, decided to make my life a little tougher by whisking the eggs until they reached the ribbon stage because I wanted fluffier pancakes.

Truth be told, I have no clue if that made a difference, because it's been a LONG TIME since I made this recipe and I can't remember the texture.

The texture. Could be lighter. Perhaps because I used water instead of milk.
I also added a tsbp of cinnamon powder to the mix because I wanted to give it a different twist. And as usual, chocolate chip. Original recipe from Un Pastiche.

Perhaps it's time for me to learn to make compotes for pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...